Sunday, March 14, 2010

Basket weaving 101

Lead Fiskateer Rebecca posted on Fiskateers, about Gail. Gail was a newer fiskateer (#6870) with a wonderful talent. Gail is a basket weaver. Gail's baskets are gorgeous. Now basket weaving was something I wouldn't normally have a hankering to try BUT because of reading about her talent AND because I found a "Basket Weaving 101" kit at the thrift I decided to give it a whirl. So after reading the instructions that promised "you can weave a basket" I soaked my reeds and gave it a go.

The process itself was rather simple in description and theory. After starting over a couple of times I finally got the hang of everything. It really is as simple as "over and under." I didn't get any pictures of the process because I found it actually very relaxing! I do have a pix of the finished product. It's far from perfect but I'm pleased with my first effort! Thanks Gail for the inspiration it was fun to try a new craft!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!