Monday, October 3, 2011

Playing with markers!

So I got a SCREAMING deal at the thrift. I found a set of Prismacolor Professional Artist Markers. (in case) these can run from $50-$75 and I got them for $15! YUP $15. I had been wanting to try copics and these are kinda similar. Well I really needed to play with them AND needed to organize some jewelry. I've been doing some jewelry making and my necklaces are a bit ...chunkier....ahh more involved than my jewelry has been before and they kept getting tangled. So I decided to make a necklace organizer.

Digging through hubby's scrap wood pile I found two pieces that were the same size. I then sanded them and painted them a creamy yellow and edged them with a touch of green. I then pulled out a couple of Crafter's Workshop Templates and my newly found art markers and added a few flourishes and flowers. A drilling some holes and adding some drawer pulls turned the scrap wood into this:


and with necklaces:


A bit of wall decoration and organization...can't get any better than that!

2 comments:

  1. Very clever idea! I love my Prismacolors- have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your necklace holders!! Promarkers for $15~what a great find!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!