Monday, November 24, 2014

Beautiful You-Scrap Challenge

When you finish with any project do you find yourself with tons of "good scraps"? No I don't mean that tiny stuff only destined for the garbage can, I mean, pieces that the crafter in you cringes at the thought of throwing away. I end up with tons of them and I saved them, and saved them. Finally I started challenging myself to create with the leftover scraps before putting my supplies away. Normally I just create a card or two, this time though, I had enough I wanted to see if I could create an entire layout.

Starting with a solid white base, I used some larger pieces to add color to the base, inking around the edges to make them stand out. After mounting the photo, I used smaller pieces cut into pennant shapes for a cute border. Tying the whole thing together with a border strip punched out from a longer scrap, and scrap ribbon.

The only "non scrap" items besides the photo, were the letter stickers (Basic Gray) and chip board (random), and the solid sheet of white which happened to be an insert from a page protector. I love the way I was able to feature this photo of my daughter. It's one of my favorites. This was our "last day" on the merry-go-round before they tore it down at the park, and the look of pure joy as she was spinning just makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!