Tuesday, December 6, 2016

When you have a box of colors

This past Sunday I took a "Prophetic Art Class" with a bunch of friends. The class was taught by Janice VanChronhite of JVC Artworks. The purpose was to release the artist in you to be able to portray what the Lord was speaking to you.

After sharing her story with us, Janice encouraged us to write/draw on a piece of paper the things that hindered us in being creative. I never "drew" growing up. That was where mom and sis came in. Both of them could draw what they saw. This being the case, I never thought I was artistic. So I never did much with anything artistically. Knowing this about me, you can understand why painting parties, art classes and the like kind of intimidate me. ( Ask my friend Ashani about the meltdown I almost had at the last one we went to.) 

Strangely I didn't feel that here. The class was a mix of children, teens, and adults. Writing on paper the things that kept me from drawing or painting was kind of freeing. Everything from lack of time, lack of talent, and harsh criticism and even clutter went down on that sheet of paper. I then covered them with Jesus. It was so freeing. 

She gave us another assignment in class and then challenged us before we left to just spend time everyday creating.  

So today I finally did. I was left along with my box of colors and just had fun creating and putting them out here is a big step for me but I'm trying to overcome that whole "being scared of what others think" thing. They are simple, and that's ok. It was fun, it was freeing, I enjoyed the process.

The first piece was kind of what I picture in my mind during worship,  it's titled "When glory falls" I got new Faber Castell "Gelatos" so I played with some of the metallics for this.
When glory falls 


For the second one I was playing with soft pastels, I love the way they blend, but they are so messy (and the chalky feel drives me crazy) but I had them so I tried them out. No real rhyme or reason to my drawing. I just loved drawing trees as a child...so I drew them, and then some mountains, and they needed grass and flowers :)


The final one is just simply a rainbow (representing God's promises) and the word "believe" it was just a reminder to believe His promises. I was again playing with gelatos, and using a wide damp brush to blend. Super simple but a good reminder.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!