Monday, September 22, 2008

MATH

I think we have got it!! My oldest DD has struggled with math, I have tried this and tried that. I finally decided to just up and change curriculums and lo and behold we actually had SMILES during math today!!! I couldn't believe it we also had her first double set of 100s on both her practice test and homework today!!!! Yeah things are clicking and things are working and she GOT IT!!!

I have been feeling so horrible (like I have been letting her down) after all I am her teacher and her mom and suppose to TEACH her and things just were not clicking. I couldn't figure out WHAT her problem was after all "I" LOVED MATH as a kid, her father took accounting in College cause he loves the numbers so what was up with that??? After some research I decided to do some placement tests with Saxon found out she was right about where she should be (whew) and then took the plunge and purchased new curriculum. I'm glad we made the switch. Especially now that someone has created a video unit to go with it (D.I.V.E) we haven't actually had to use it yet (I've done the teaching thus far) but we are both excited that there is this to use when we need it.

Saxon is paced a bit differently I think that is what makes the difference. I am so thankful to have found something that works! At least at the moment the year is just begun. Regardless things are off to a great start!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!