Friday, July 24, 2009

15

It's amazing to me how fast time really goes. It was only a few weeks ago I was telling my family we were going to have our first baby. It was just days ago you were taking your first steps and learning to ride a bike. Wasn't it just moments ago you started Jr. High and then High School?

There is an old story about if you take a frog and put it in a pot of boiling water it will jump out, BUT if you put it in regular water and slowly turn up the heat it will eventually get boiled. Times kinda like that. While you are living each moment, enjoying it, totally in the middle of things, you don't realize that your kids are growing up until one day you wake up and realize..."Oh MY my baby turned 15 today...how in the world did that happen?!?!?!"

So I'm the mom of a 15 year old. I don't FEEL like the mom of a 15 year old. I probably LOOK like the mom of a 15 year old (unless my almost 8 y.o. daughter who is super sweet is right and the grey really looking like blonde highlights ;) ) BUT alas, I am the mom of a 15 year old...and it seems to have happened over night.

So I look at my strapping 6 foot 2 inch son, that used to fit so snugly in my lap, and remember all of those wonderful (and some not so) memories of your life thus far and I realize how much living happens in 15 years! How much you have grown not just in stature, but in wisdom, and in faith. I'm so excited to catch glimpses of the person you will become one day. I"m thankful to be a part of it and I'm so blessed to be your mom!

Happy Birthday...I love you ~ Mom

1 comment:

  1. hI Betsy!

    thanks so much for posting that review on the SBR blog! if you could actually go on the blog and click on teh "post a review" text in the margin on the left, that will put the review in ratepoint fo rus

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!