Friday, January 22, 2010

Taxes

Every year before taxes I need to file my paperwork and log it into my system. Yes I am one of those procrastinators. I save all my receipts, notes to remind me of things, check stubs, transaction records they pile up. Normally this happens after my husband has to remind me 20 times so we can do our family taxes. It's not one of my favorite jobs and normally I dread doing it and it gets put off until March-ish. This year though I'm looking at a very "busy" February and equally active March, so here I sit tonight dutifully entering receipts and recording income.

You would think it would be a chore but this year it is not. Last year I had one of the best years. Not in terms of "making money" but in terms of events and activities! There is the receipt for orange and green paper plates for the Fiskateer crops I held. There is the receipt for the green fabric paint for the warehouse party. There are the gas receipts for a fun road trip to Fiskars HQ. Then the income from some pretty fantastic classes at Scrapbook Junction and some prize money from the fair.

It's actually been fun to record the information this year it's reminding me of all the blessings I shared with friends through this year because of this love of crafting we share. I can't wait to see what's in store for me this year...now if only the receipts would record themselves things would be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!