Friday, April 9, 2010

Surrounded by ART


I grew up in a very crafty household. Mom was always making things. She at one time aspired to be a commercial artist but then devoted her life to teaching. I grew up surrounded by crayons, and paints, and all sorts of fun stuff. One thing she laid aside as life got busy was her painting. Since she retired a couple of years ago one thing she started to do again was paint. It's fun to see her once again picking up a paint brush and bringing to life the things she sees around her. I am so not a painter (or draw-er) so her talent amazes me to no end! Mom's artwork is on display at the Smelly Cat Gallery in IL ;)

1 comment:

  1. Smelly Cat Gallery - now that made me smile! I like the painting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!