This week Crafts Paper Scissors is featuring some of my favorite shoebox crafts for Operation Christmas Child.
- Wood wheel
- Dowel that fits snugly into center of wheel
- Wood Glue
- Pencil Sharpener
- Sand paper
- Paint and brushes-I used Apple Barrel Multi Surface by Plaid in Wild Grape, Primary Blue, True Green and Candy Apple
To Create Top:
- Cut dowel rods to create handles, for ease of spinning I found cutting length no longer than diameter of the wheel worked well
- Using pencil sharpener “sharpen” one side of the dowel rod. Sand down the point to keep it from being “too sharp”
- Paint pieces as desired
- Insert dowel into middle of the wheel, adjust dowel to have a 1/3-2/3 ratio above and below the top.
- Glue into place
Special Thanks to Plaid Crafts for providing materials to help with this project!
For more information on Operation Christmas Child, visit: