Thursday, December 15, 2016

If you give a girl a cookie press- Poop Emoji Cookies


I love my Pampered Chef Cookie Press! I got it several years ago at a party and its my "go to" tool for making Christmas Cookies this time of year. This evening while my daughters and I were baking cookies for a cookie exchange, my younger daughter exclaimed "If you remove the bottom of that cookie it looks like the  "Poop Emoji!"


I don't know about your kids, but I have a daughter that thinks this emoji is adorable! I'm sorry but I think somethings are better left to the imagination, and certainly don't need eyes and a smile!

Regardless to each their own, and when I left for the cookie exchange, my daughter asked for permission to try making some and she loved the results!

She started with my "go to" spritz cookie recipe but substituted chocolate cake mix for the yellow. This is similar to the one that came with the Pampered Chef Cookie Press, except I found it needed a bit more flavor for my taste, and was a bit too stiff to work with my press so I adjusted the way the butter is softened and the amount of flour. (Recipe Follows)

Then she used the ornament cookie press disk to create her cookies. She removed the bottom two pieces to create the shape. Then all that was needed was to add eyes and bake.




For the eyes she used dot sprinkles. I think you could easily add a dot of edible marker or black frosting to really finish off the look

Volia' Poop Emoji Cookies.

I just hope Santa has a sense of humor!!!


Betsy's version of the Pampered Chef Cake Mix Spritz Cookies


1 box cake mix
1 lb butter softened
2 cups plus 1/2 c flour
1 T. Almond Extract
1 T. Vanilla Extract
Colored Sugar

Soften buttter to mushy not melty.

Preheat oven to 350
In Mixing bowl pour cake mix, add butter and mix well. Add extracts Sprinkle in 2 Cups of flour and mix well. Add up to 1/2 c more of flour until soft dough forms (consistency of silly putty, dough will loosely hold a ball shape)

Following directions, use cookie press to create cookie shapes. Sprinkle with colored sugar

Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees allow to cool on cookie sheet 3-5 minutes before removing. 

To make the the version shown, a chocolate cake mix was used, with "dot" sprinkles in place of Colored Sugar. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!