Sunday, December 1, 2019

Abide

"Abide" -This image has been rolling around in my head for awhile, at least a month or more.

 It started with a vine and then I saw a crown of thorns grow from the vine...and the Holy Spirit whispered to my heart "the crown of thorns was made from a vine as well."

 I was reminded of the scripture . "I always carry around in my body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may be fully revealed." (2 Corinthians 4:10 my paraphrase) 

Abiding for Jesus led him to a place of death, but he conquered death, and so that place of abiding produced the fruit of eternal life for all who receive.

 As a Christian I am encouraged to " abide in the vine" to draw my identity... my strength from God, to bear fruit of showing people the Savior. 

Some times that means laying down my wants and desires for God's better plan. My "death" to my self, to become resurrected as who He has made me to be and to bear fruit that will last.







(mixed media on canvas)
Supplies used: Canvas, Acrylic Paint, Mod Podge Ultra, Hot Glue, Paper 


**Please be advised that Plaid Enterprises, Inc. has compensated the designer by furnishing Plaid product at no charge in connection with this posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!