Friday, January 29, 2010

In an instant



This month our challenge theme was the blessing of time. I realized that we don't know how much "time" we really have and each moment is a blessing and we need to live as such. As I think of everything that happened this month. The most devastating was the earthquake in Haiti. In an instant everything changed for the people there. Imagine one day you are going about life as normal the next you don't know where your loved ones are, or if they are even alive. You don't have food or water. You are at the mercy of the aid other people are providing.


If there is one major lesson from this disaster is that don't take time for granted. Make the most of every opportunity! I'm going to hug my kids a bit longer, make sure to kiss my husband goodbye. Go out with my girlfriends. Say what needs to be said. I'm going to make the most of every opportunity because I don't want to live with any regrets. No one is guaranteed their tomorrow so make the most of your today while you have it! Live a life that you won't look back and say "If only...."


Ephesians 5:15-16 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

If you want more information on the challenge or to download the cool blinkie check out:

Faithfully Yours



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!