Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Unibind craft challenge



Unibind had a craft challenge. You had to sign up on their facebook page. To the first 50 that responded they sent us a bag of the inserts from their window albums. The challenge was to create with them. In any form any shape using any medium.

I had just received the new Fancy Pants "Baby mine" collection and had a couple of baby gifts to make. I remembered when my kids were little inevitably the doorbell would ring or someone would burst into the baby's room when the baby was sleeping so I created a door hanger to politely tell people when the baby is sleeping or awake and ready to play. It's reversible so you can let visitors know with a "flip of the sign" to knock quietly when they come over.

To make them I covered both sides of the board shapes with cardstock and then using my crop-a-dial punched holes to act not only has hangers but to attach the pieces together. B
efore adding the die cut accents I inked all the edges and rounded the corners slightly. The glittery stars and moon are actually a transparency that is hanging from the top holes and dangling over the bottom piece.

Supplies used: Paper, transparency, buttons, chipboard, and diecuts-Fancy Pants "Baby Mine" Letter stickers: Basic Grey and Fancy Pants, Jute twine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!