Friday, September 26, 2014

Just playing around

What do you do when you find a paper mache' mask at the thrift store and have peacock feathers, music and a pin of your moms? Naturally you play around and get creative.

I started off painting the mask a iridescent blue, (blue was mom's favorite color)  then layered on the music paper and gemstones. Finishing off with an eyepatch also shaped like a music note and hot glued the music pin, to finish off I tucked the peacock feathers under the pin.


Not quite pleased with how it turned out, I think I would have sharpened the black patch over the eye more of a triangular shaped note. I ended up blessing a friend of my mom's with the mask, and she didn't seem to mind either way. It was a fun reminder of a very special lady. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!