Sunday, October 11, 2015

In the box, out of the box!

As Area Coordinator for Operation Christmas Child, I have the privilege of working with an amazing group of year-round volunteers for the ministry. It is my job to help, encourage and equip this passionate group of shoebox packers to further the ministry and message of the power of a simple gift.

Each year in preparation of national collection week, our area team meets for briefing and training. This year I wanted to create a display for each of our relays to use during National Collection Week. One of themes this year is "What goes into a box is fun, What comes out of a box is eternal!" I wanted the display to reflect what comes out of a box.

Finding some inexpensive photo displays on Amazon, I wanted to create some depth to the display so I had my son cut some blocks of wood, I then coated them with green spray paint then some of Kylon's Glimmer Mist in Emerald. By hot glueing some of the holders on the blocks of wood it would allow them to have different levels of photos in the display.



After printing out photos for the team, I assembled one kit as a display! I love the way the happy smiling faces pop out of the box!


What I loved even more was seeing how my team used what I created for them! Here are some of displays my team created!

Braidwood, IL
Joliet, IL
Palos Heights, IL 
Streator, IL



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!