Monday, January 9, 2012

Altered Tile

My mom always tells me her music is her prayer. So I knew I had to create something for her that said as much. This is a plain 12 x 12 tile. After trimming the paper slightly (I wanted to actually show the tile vs. just having paper shown.) I inked the edges first with gold then with "vintage photo". Then I grabbed my mod podge a sponge brush and went to town. I Mod Podged paper and the quote onto the tile and then added a couple of extra coats of Mod Podge for good measure to seal everything. To finish everything off I found this wonderful gold book stand that really accented the gold from the paper.

Supplies used: 12 x 12 tile, Patterned paper Autumn leaves (from 2000 yes 2000 is that considered vintage in the paper crafting world?), Ink, Ranger-Vintage Photo, Stampabilities-Gold, Cricut Cartridges- Jubilee, Plantain Schoolbook, Lyrical Letters, Base Camp, and Alphalicious. Mod Podge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!