Thursday, May 10, 2012

Scrap Challenge the sequel

So when I made the shadow box canvas I had a piece of canvas left over from where I cut out the canvas to form the shadow box. I saved it because it was a nice piece of mod-podged canvas and knew I could figure out something to do with it. Today in the midst of my second round of using your scraps challenge I decided what to do with it. Since it was sturdy and covered in music, I figured it would be a good basis for a book mark for my violin playing girls.


 I pulled out my Fiskars Ultra Shape Express and my
 Journaling/Bracket template and cut out a couple of shapes and then used a smaller template to cut out tabs to hold the book mark in place. Some ribbon thread through the hole punched in the top and then a quick monogram with some velum stickers. To finish them off I added a music note I punched out of vinyl. 

My daughters being not just violin players but avid readers LOVED the combination of their two favorite hobbies!

Supplies used: Canvas scrap, photo copied music, "antiqued"(Tim Holtz distress Ink-Vintage photo), Mod Podge, Ribbon, Velum Stickers-font wordsworth, black vinyl, Fiskars- Ultra Shape Express Journaling and Bracket Template, music note punch, Crop-a-dial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!