Thursday, October 9, 2008

Those crazy ideas...

So you ever get those ideas???? and then go what was I thinking once you are in the middle of it!!!!????

we live in a small 3bedroom house. we have a basement that is a single room for storage. Other than that there is a kitchen, dining room and living room Initially the kitchen was eat in then hubby built on a dining room. Our living room is 10x20 our dining room 17 x 17

Due to the fact there are now 6 of us human in the house (plus 2 cats and now a DOG...another story) the house was feeling very cramped. Plus it's always so crowded when we have people over as well and we can't have anyone overnight because there isn't room for them, we have a sofa bed but it couldn't get used because it was crammed in there...

We had a piano (antique upright) that was given to me I used to play and none of the kids were interested so I offered it on freecycle. It became a blessing to another family....

It left yesterday, so I had all this room in my living room. Then had this "idea" ya know the living room is better suited to a long dining room table, the dining room is better suited to a square shaped living room arrangement. So I pitched the idea to hubby...he said "that would be different....ok

Sounds easy??? Well I homeschool so I have 2 huge cabinets of books (that had to be emptied first before moved) they are going in the new dining room, where I homeschool, and then the tv and dvd player etc. have to get moved into the living room, then the computers into were we homeschool......Plus the scrap area....


AHHHHH what was I thinking???? there are books everywhere, there is stuff everywhere. I have a church retreat I am in charge of next week....and my house is turned upside down.

I know when it's done it will be good (hubby didn't even bat an eyelash about helping to move things (casue all his cords and stuff will be able to be accessed from behind so he can wire and rewire to his hearts content) but what have I done.....

I need motivation to get moving... I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I've been at the book moving since yesterday, and decided to stop in and say howdy then go back to my evening's goal of getting the dining room done....then hopefully do the living room tomorrow.

Then we just found the the roofer is going to start MONDAY and my dad just called a few minutes ago to say "I'll be over tomorrow to measure for your deck"....

AHHHHHHHHH

The upside will be when we are done I get new curtains and an area rug...(plus I think things will run smoother as things FIT) but in the mean time...)

If you don't hear from me....it's cause I got lost in the shuffle....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!