Monday, January 5, 2015

Quick Gift Set!

"Mom I need a birthday gift would you make a scarf and maybe a headband?..."

This question was posed to me in the middle of the store. So off we ran to the yarn aisle hoping to find colors suitable for her friend. Thankfully we found a lovely assortment of Lion Brand Yarns in yummy colors such as Oatmeal, and Little Rock Granite. Grabbing a skein of each we set off for home.

At home,  I was told her friend loved a bit of sparkle, thankfully I had some fun "Lion Brand Bonbons" the "party" collection, I had offered a whole rainbow of yummy sparkly colors including a gold that added the perfect touch of sparkle my daughter was looking for. After deciding she wanted a chunky infinity scarf, I went to work arm knitting a scarf, thankfully because of the size of the stitches, the scarfs are pretty quick to knit. I was able to finish it in about 1/2 an hour.

For the headband, I chose two of the three colors used in the scarf, I followed my "fast finger knit headband" pattern altering the ending a bit to keep it three rows throughout the entire headband. The finishing touch was a flower created using the flower loom by the Crochet Dude. We choose the Little Rock Granite and the Gold Bonbons to create the flower.


Naturally my daughter needed to model the finished product. I think the set turned out quite cute!


It's now safely wrapped up ready for her to take back to school and gift to her friend. 

*edited to add, her friend Rosalle loved it! She even sent me a photo of her wearing it as a thank you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSALLE!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Continue to Aim Happy!