This weeks project a stenciled canvas hanging.
Supplies Used: Plaid Folk Art Stencils "Farm" collection; stars and stripe, Apple Barrel Colors Paint, Masking tape, paint brush, stencil brush, crop-a-dial/eyelets, hemp twine, branch from the yard 4-5"x7" flat panel canvases.
1) Paint surface of all canvas, 3 white, and 1 blue allow to dry
2) Position canvases together to determine placement of the stencils. Tape stencils in place.
3) Using a stencil brush, fill in the stencils and allow to dry.
4) Determine where you want your holes to go, and using crop-a-dial punch holes in canvas, add eyelets if desired. Using small lengths of hemp twine, tie canvases together.
6) Prepare twig, cut off jagged edges, using a bit of white paint mixed with water "white wash" the twig, and then wipe off with paper towel, leaving behind just a hint of color.
7) Tie canvases to twig using twine
8) Braid 3 lengths of twine together tie onto twig as hanger.
From our family to yours, have a safe and happy 4th of July celebration, and thanks especially to those that have helped keep us free!!!